JOIN THE TEAM
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT ACHI
We hope you will consider joining us in our work to improve the health of Arkansans and our state’s healthcare system. All applicants must apply through the UAMS job portal.
UAMS is an inclusive Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
The Fiscal Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations and is responsible for overall management and reporting of department financials’; budget development and monitoring of all grants, contracts, travel and procurement. This position is responsible for administration of the department’s ever-changing budget which includes funding received from sponsoring organizations, state agencies, federal sources, and/or private entities. Works with Director of Operations in preparing annual fiscal budget and budgets for contracts and grants.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience
- Reviews draft, execution, CMTS entry and oversight of contracts/subcontracts and their respective budgets/scopes with various national, state, and local agencies, and other organizations as warranted.
- Serves as department liaison with both current and potential contracting agencies and UAMS contracts/procurement office in the day-to-day management of the contracts.
- Monitors and oversees federal, state, philanthropic and miscellaneous grants, including pre-award budget/justification development with COO and appropriate leaders, compilation of proposal documents, TRACKS/ORSP navigation, and proposal submission to the granting agency; and post-award budget/expenditure oversight, subcontract monitoring, monthly reporting to PIs, reconciliation and closeout procedures, and periodic reporting to granting agencies and audit requests as needed.
- Serves as department liaison during all phases of the grant process with both current and potential granting agencies, UAMS offices of ORSP, grants accounting and contracts office in the day-to-day management of grants.
- Supervises the department procurement specialist.
- Oversees travel and purchasing; provides guidance to leadership and staff on contracts and financial matters.
- Attends UAMS Admin Council meetings in absence of Director of Operations and will be responsible for debriefings after such meetings to ensure both remain abreast of UAMS discussions, recommendations and/or changes.
- Works in collaboration with Operations team to oversee financial administrative tasks of the Operations Teams.
- Responsible for monitoring and updating personnel budgetary actions; monitor and track salary and benefit information for reporting on all grants and contracts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or health-care administration.
- Five (5) years verifiable accounting experience with one (1) year being governmental accounting (Preference given to experience with the State of Arkansas or UAMS)
- Must be grant certified or obtained within 1 year of hire.
- Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.