Spring is here! With warmer weather and longer days, many of us enjoy spending more time outside. It is also easier to become overheated and dehydrated this time of year, especially in humid conditions. Drinking water is critical to maintain healthy hydration.
Follow these tips to stay hydrated:
- Limit activity during the hottest time of the day.
- Drink water before, during, and after physical activity.
- Drink water even when you don’t feel thirsty.
- Limit or avoid soft drinks, juices, and alcohol, which can increase dehydration.
- Infuse your water with flavor, such as fresh lemons and limes, to change things up.
- Before going outside, don’t forget to grab a water bottle.
Want to know how much water you should drink? Use this calculator and learn about the different factors that influence dehydration during activity.