Craig Wilson, JD, MPA
Director, Health Policy
This infographic, part of our 100 Arkansans initiative, illustrates demographic and health statistics for Arkansas seniors age 65 or older.
For every 100 seniors age 65 or older:
- 69 report good or better health and 31 report fair or poor health.
- 10 smoke.
- 66 are obese or overweight.
- 61 exercised in the past month.
- 80 consumed vegetables more than once a day.
- 99 have health coverage.
- 61 had a dental visit in the past year.
- 7 have asthma.
- 15 have angina or coronary heart disease.
- U.S. Census Bureau. 2020 American Community Survey 5-year estimates [Data set]. Retrieved November 16, 2022, from data.census.gov
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Population Health. (2021). BRFSS prevalence & trends data. Retrieved November 16, 2022, from www.cdc.gov/brfss/brfssprevalence
- Zilak, J.P. and Gundersen, C. (2022). The state of senior hunger in America in 2020. Feeding America. feedingamerica.org/sites/default/files/2022-05/The%20State%20of%20Senior%20Hunger%20in%202020_Full%20Report%20w%20Cover.pdf