HEALTH POLICY BOARD
ACHI's Health Policy Board consists of 21 members from across the state who bring diverse perspectives and interests on health. This independent, self-perpetuating board identifies and establishes strategic priorities, provides direction and guidance, and serves as a forum for the exchange of ideas. The Health Policy Board determines ACHI's involvement in and position on specific policy issues and has published its Health Policy Board Position Statements articulating the needs of Arkansans.
Health Policy Board Members
- Jerry Adams, President/CEO, Arkansas Research Alliance
- Joseph Bates, MD, Deputy State Public Health Officer & Chief Science Officer, Arkansas Department of Health
- Sandra Jackson Brown, Chief Executive Officer, Jefferson Comprehensive Care System, Inc. (HPB Chair)
- Anthony Fletcher, MD, Cardiologist, Cardiology and Medicine Clinic
- Joe Fox, MBA, President, Community Bakery, Inc.
- Stephanie Gardner, Provost & Chief Academic Officer, UAMS
- Ray Hanley, President and CEO, Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care
- Susan Hanrahan, PhD, Dean, Nursing and Health Professions, Arkansas State University
- Don Hollingsworth, JD, Retired Executive Director, Arkansas Bar Association
- Ray Kordsmeier, Owner, Kordsmeier Furniture
- Andrew Kumpuris, MD, Cardiologist, Heart Clinic-Arkansas
- Jayme Mayo, PA-C, Wellness Director, Nabholz Construction
- Ray Montgomery, President and CEO, White County Medical Center
- Eduardo Ochoa, MD, Medical Director, Latino Clinic, Arkansas Children’s Hospital
- James Raczynski, PhD (HPB ex officio), Professor and Dean, Fay W. Boozman College of Public Health, UAMS
- Mary Beth Ringgold, President, Cajun’s Wharf, Capers, and Copper Grill
- Herb Sanderson, Associate State Director for Advocacy, AARP
- Robert Shoptaw, Former CEO-Retired, Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- G. Richard Smith, MD, Professor of Psychiatry, Medicine and Public Health, UAMS (HPB Vice-Chair)
- F.S. "Sandy" Stroope, Owner, Boat World, Inc.
- Joseph W. Thompson, MD, MPH (HPB ex officio), Director, Arkansas Center for Health Improvement
- Annabelle Imber Tuck, Public Service Fellow & Jurist-in-Residence, William H. Bowan School of Law
Retired Justice, Arkansas Supreme Court
- Susan Ward-Jones, MD, CEO, East Arkansas Family Health Center, Inc.